Simply Ming; Szechwan Peppercorn Paste
Simply Ming SMMG224K1, Szechuan Peppercorn Paste, Uncaptioned Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Szechwan Peppercorn Paste
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Stephen and Iris Tsai
Ming uses his Szechwan Peppercorn Paste to reveal the secret behind the spicy food of the Chinese province called Szechwan. Ming displays the versatility of this peppercorn's rich spicy flavor, cooking up everything from Szechwan Beef and Asparagus Noodles to Crispy Farm Raised Conch with Lemon-Szechwan Dipping Sauce. Next, Ming makes Oven Roasted Szechwan Squab Stuffed with Garlic Chive Sticky Rice. Because squab isn't your everyday poultry, but is easy enough to order from your local butcher, Ming visits John Kinnealey of T.F. Kinnealey in Boston — a premier meat supplier — to learn a little more about specialty poultry and game. Proving that the Szechwan Peppercorn Paste is just as good when used cold, Ming's parents and sous chefs join him in the studio, to make Mom and Pop's Ma La Sauce and Cold Noodle Salad featuring cooling cucumber, sweet red peppers and chicken flavored with the spicy Szechwan Peppercorn Paste.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Szechwan Peppercorn Paste,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F5650247FA34B77A248275C71088776.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Szechwan Peppercorn Paste.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F5650247FA34B77A248275C71088776>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Szechwan Peppercorn Paste. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F5650247FA34B77A248275C71088776