Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Serving the Community
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Serving the Community
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
This episode rides a crime wave against owners of Indian restaurants. When Hetty gets involved, the masked bandits target her! Alarmed by his wife's dangerous assignment, Robert instructs Geoffrey to "ride shotgun" for her protection. Meanwhile, Robert picks up a few culinary tips from the victimized restaurateurs -- and inadvertently picks up a lot of stolen merchandise the robbers are fencing. This lucky break proves the crucial clue in the case.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Serving the Community,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 26, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F45B1571A0D49B6AA805B04505A80E3.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Serving the Community.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 26, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F45B1571A0D49B6AA805B04505A80E3>.
- APA: Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Serving the Community. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F45B1571A0D49B6AA805B04505A80E3