Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Connecting Skills to Text
Connecting Skills to Text: Charmon Evans, First Grade Closed Captioned Master Ch.1 Full Mono Mix Ch.2 Full Mono Mix Ch.3 Sync & Music Ch.4 Sync
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices
- Connecting Skills to Text
- Program Number
- Series Description
Educational productions. Series release date: 2002
- Program Description
Learning to read in Charmon Evans's first-grade classroom in Port Hueneme, California is skills-oriented and fun. Students interact with a talking puppet or are contestants in the Word Wall Game Show. Ms. Evans balances skill development—phonemic awareness, phonics, and sight word identification—with authentic reading and writing tasks to encourage a love of learning. Students revisit poetry charts, read decodable texts in guided reading groups, and write in their journals about a challenging, read-aloud chapter book.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Connecting Skills to Text,” 05/13/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F150D123C9C424EB5C1896E3EDB656E.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Connecting Skills to Text.” 05/13/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F150D123C9C424EB5C1896E3EDB656E>.
- APA: Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Connecting Skills to Text. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6F150D123C9C424EB5C1896E3EDB656E