Simply Ming; Grant Achatz and New Techniques at Home
Simply Ming Grant Achatz & New Techniques at Home SMMG1102 Caption Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Grant Achatz and New Techniques at Home
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Grant Achatz & New Techniques at Home
Molecular gastronomy, sous vide… these are a few of the innovative chefs’ techniques that home cooks are now trying themselves. On this episode of Simply Ming, Chef Grant Achatz, the avant-garde leader of Progressive American cuisine, brings his magic home. See Grant prepare the show stopping presentation of Seared Wagyu Beef with Fermented Morels, White Soy and Lichen. Using the sous vide technique, Ming prepares Olive Oil Poached Salmon.
Recipes Olive Oil Poached Salmon (Sous Vide) Seared Wagyu Beef with Fermented Morels, White Soy and Lichen
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Grant Achatz and New Techniques at Home,” 08/30/2013, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6EA8B53A2BA244AB9F4CCF1A517D4261.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Grant Achatz and New Techniques at Home.” 08/30/2013. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6EA8B53A2BA244AB9F4CCF1A517D4261>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Grant Achatz and New Techniques at Home. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6EA8B53A2BA244AB9F4CCF1A517D4261