Arthur; Bugged; Desperately Seeking Stanley
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Bugged; Desperately Seeking Stanley
- Program Number
803; 807; 109A; 109B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
803: Bugged: Sure, Brain can be a know-it-all, and sometimes he really bugs people. But when Brain wakes up one morning to discover that he's a cockroach, he can't believe it! Is this a dream ... or has he finally become a real pest?!
807: Desperately Seeking Stanley: On his third birthday, Arthur's favorite present was Stanley, his teddy bear. Stanley protected Arthur when he was afraid of the dark ... and even when his new baby sister D.W. arrived. But Arthur is 8-years old now -- he doesn't need his furry friend anymore ... right?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Bugged; Desperately Seeking Stanley,” 07/30/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6EA36CB792624E3F987EC16500F2CE2F.
- MLA: “Arthur; Bugged; Desperately Seeking Stanley.” 07/30/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6EA36CB792624E3F987EC16500F2CE2F>.
- APA: Arthur; Bugged; Desperately Seeking Stanley. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6EA36CB792624E3F987EC16500F2CE2F