Peep And The Big Wide World; Bedtime Story; Deep Duck Woods, The
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Bedtime Story; Deep Duck Woods, The
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 3 EPISODE 45 44B BEDTIME STORY WRITTEN BY: KATHY WAUGH EVERYONE LIKES TO HEAR STORIES ABOUT THE DAY THEY WERE BORN, RIGHT? (AS LONG AS QUACK’S NOT THE STORYTELLER!) SCIENCE: ANIMAL BEHAVIOR (BIRDS) INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS VISIT ELI’S FARM TO SEE SOME NEWLY-HATCHED CHICKS. THEY DISCUSS THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BABY CHICKS AND FULL-SIZE CHICKENS. “WHAT DO YOU NOTICE WHEN YOU LOOK AT AN ANIMAL CLOSE UP?”
47B THE DEEP DUCK WOODS WRITTEN BY: JOE FALLON IT’S NOT THE DEEP DARK WOODS, IT’S THE DEEP DUCK WOODS! AND “DUCK” IS ALWAYS GOOD, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU’RE LOST. SCIENCE: SIMPLE TOOLS AND MACHINES INTERSTITIAL: ON THEIR WAY TO THE PLAYGROUND, THE KIDS LEAVE A TRAIL OF CHALK ARROWS SO THEY CAN FIND THEIR WAY BACK HOME. “TRY USING LANDMARKS AND YOUR OWN MARKS TO FIND YOUR WAY AROUND.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Bedtime Story; Deep Duck Woods, The,” 03/09/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6E75DF5CCD1248918C3FE97717128141.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Bedtime Story; Deep Duck Woods, The.” 03/09/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6E75DF5CCD1248918C3FE97717128141>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Bedtime Story; Deep Duck Woods, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6E75DF5CCD1248918C3FE97717128141