Evening at Pops; Fourth (4th) Of July Esplanade Concert
ESPLANADE SPECIAL - JULY 4
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Fourth (4th) Of July Esplanade Concert
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
A live Fourth of July concert from the banks of the Charles River features music by John Philip Sousa and, of course, Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Fourth (4th) Of July Esplanade Concert,” 08/11/1977, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6E5B311A33B34EBF83A86A383A1303D3.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Fourth (4th) Of July Esplanade Concert.” 08/11/1977. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6E5B311A33B34EBF83A86A383A1303D3>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Fourth (4th) Of July Esplanade Concert. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6E5B311A33B34EBF83A86A383A1303D3