Martha Speaks; What’s Bothering Bob; Martha Spins A Tale
MSPE 140 MI#1125744 Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- What’s Bothering Bob; Martha Spins A Tale
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
What's Bothering Bob? What's gotten into Bob? He's off his chain and he's chasing Truman all over town. Soon Truman, Helen, Alice, TD, Kazuo the dog officer, the pizza guy, and Bob's owner are all up a tree, imprisoned by a barking Bob. Can Martha figure out what's bothering Bob?
Vocabulary: (E) anxious, serene, provoke, disturb, bother
(I) calm, settle down, relax, awful, quiet
Martha Spins a Tale It's sweltering hot and everybody is miserable. To distract Jake from the heat, Martha tells him about Goldi–Martha and the Skits Hatter and Little Red Riding Helen and their adventures among giants, queens, and a very familiar fire–breathing cat.
Vocabulary: (E) irritating, soothing, comfortable, cozy, sweltering
(I) scratchy, cool, lumpy, bumpy, hot
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; What’s Bothering Bob; Martha Spins A Tale,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6DEA07E98FF1434D98DB4D5EBE325654.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; What’s Bothering Bob; Martha Spins A Tale.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6DEA07E98FF1434D98DB4D5EBE325654>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; What’s Bothering Bob; Martha Spins A Tale. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6DEA07E98FF1434D98DB4D5EBE325654