Ten O'Clock News; Barney Frank contrite
Interview with Representative Barney Frank regarding the Steve Gobie prostitution scandal. Frank denies knowledge of Gobie's escorting activities while in residence at Frank's home. Discusses pressures of being a closeted gay man that led to Frank hiring prostitutes. Following edited story is b-roll of interview between reporter David Boeri and Frank. Frank frequently expresses displeasure with Boeri's questioning. Discussion of Frank's moral views of prostitution; interactions with House Committee on Ethics; nature of relationship with Gobie. Footage of Boeri posing for cutaways.
- Ten O'Clock News
Barney Frank contrite
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Legislators -- United States
- Frank, Barney, 1940-
- Political corruption
- News Report
- Boeri, David (Reporter)
- Frank, Barney, 1940- (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Barney Frank contrite,” 08/29/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6DCDAF44647B4F019395B755EAFA6A31.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Barney Frank contrite.” 08/29/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6DCDAF44647B4F019395B755EAFA6A31>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Barney Frank contrite. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6DCDAF44647B4F019395B755EAFA6A31