Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series I: The Body in the Library
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series I: The Body in the Library
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast during the 1985- 1986 Season
Starring Joan Hickson as Miss Marple.
Miss Marple investigates the murder of a hotel dance hostess whose body is found in the library of a respectable retired army officer, Colonel Bantry. Is flamboyant artist Basil Blake the murderer? Or has the family of rich tycoon Conway Jefferson killed Ruby Keene to keep her away from his money? As the list of suspects grows, Miss Marple goes to the seaside resort of Danemouth to pursue her investigation. Her instinct tells her more trouble looms and she's proved right when a second body is found.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series I: The Body in the Library,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6DC8683EA95B4DE199AF936E3ED34C39.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series I: The Body in the Library.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6DC8683EA95B4DE199AF936E3ED34C39>.
- APA: Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series I: The Body in the Library. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6DC8683EA95B4DE199AF936E3ED34C39