Arthur; Making of Arthur, The; Dancing Fools
ARUR 001106 SD Base Making of Arthur, The 145B Dancing Fools 144A
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Making of Arthur, The; Dancing Fools
- Program Number
1106; 145B; 144A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See Individual Titles for Additional Assets
Making of Arthur, The 145B Matt Damon guest-stars in animated form as the host of a new series, "Postcards from You." When the OscarTM winning star puts out a call for homemade videos for his TV show, he sets off a frantic rush among Arthur and his gang to film their lives. Could the experiences of kids in Elwood City really interest a television audience? They'll have to wait and see if Matt Damon thinks so. (Note: This episode promotes the real "Postcards from You" initiative that encourages kids around the country to make their own videos.)
Dancing Fools 144A Mrs. Molina is a teaching a dance class for kids. The class creates the opportunity for some unlikely dance pairings - Muffy and Binky, D.W. and the Tibbles, and, the most unlikely of all, Francine and George. Will the two survive the dance class? Or, could they possibly emerge as the next Fred and Ginger?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Making of Arthur, The; Dancing Fools,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6D230F73F10043D486D95C799A28AFCD.
- MLA: “Arthur; Making of Arthur, The; Dancing Fools.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6D230F73F10043D486D95C799A28AFCD>.
- APA: Arthur; Making of Arthur, The; Dancing Fools. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6D230F73F10043D486D95C799A28AFCD