Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Galway Kinnell
Part of New Television Workshop.
Original Footage , reel 1
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks I, Galway Kinnell
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
Galway Kinnell introduces and reads his poems at his farmhouse in Vermont. The following poems were mastered for broadcast and general distribution, and appear on the master tapes with and without Poetry Breaks logo and copyright: “Wait” “TV Commercials” “Daybreak” “Prayer” “How Many Nights” “Saint Francis and the Sow” “After Making Love We Hear Footsteps” “Kissing the Toad”
Multiple takes of those poems appear on the source tapes of original footage. The following poems are also included on the source tapes: excerpts from “Middle of the Way” “Last Songs” “Crying” “Eating Blackberries” “The Grey Heron” “In Fields of Summer”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Poetry reading
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Performance in a Studio
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Kinnell, Galway, 1927- ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Galway Kinnell,” 08/28/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C8FC1CC4260400199FF82CA3DA900F2.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Galway Kinnell.” 08/28/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C8FC1CC4260400199FF82CA3DA900F2>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Galway Kinnell. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C8FC1CC4260400199FF82CA3DA900F2