Evening at Pops; Tribute To Jerry Herman, A
with Marin Mazzie , Faith Prince , and John Barrowman
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Tribute To Jerry Herman, A
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops Orchestra kicks off the 34th Season of EVENING AT POPS with a tribute to legendary Broadway composer Jerry Herman. In honor of Herman's 70th birthday, celebrities from the Great White Way-including Tony-award winner Faith Prince, Marin Mazzie, and John Barrowman perform songs from the hits Hello, Dolly, La Cage aux Folles, and Mame. Tune in as Herman shares stories from his prolific career, and for an evening of show-stopping numbers from today's brightest Broadway stars.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Tribute To Jerry Herman, A,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 14, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C8A7E65A535471CA83C70CF01F5A26D.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Tribute To Jerry Herman, A.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 14, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C8A7E65A535471CA83C70CF01F5A26D>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Tribute To Jerry Herman, A. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C8A7E65A535471CA83C70CF01F5A26D