Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Franklin Chang-Diaz
Caption Master 7/27/11 Company: WGBH Boston Media Title: Maria Hinojosa: One on One Episode: Franklin Chang-Diaz LP181 / MHOO521 TRT: 26:46 Op: T.C.P. TC: SD 29.97 DF VTR: 624 Anamorphic
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Franklin Chang-Diaz
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Born in Costa Rica, Franklin Chang-Diaz moved to the United States because it was the only way to pursue his dream of becoming an astronaut. On January 12, 1986, his dream came true. As member of the STS 61-C mission, Chang-Diaz became the first Latino and first Chinese person to enter space. He has flown on a record 7 space flights and spent an impressive 1600 hours away from earth. In this interview with María Hinojosa he talks about breaking barriers, living his dream, and helping others to reach for the stars.
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Franklin Chang-Diaz,” 07/27/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C54C25861B84900A2943A474045B26A.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Franklin Chang-Diaz.” 07/27/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C54C25861B84900A2943A474045B26A>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Franklin Chang-Diaz. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C54C25861B84900A2943A474045B26A