Antiques Roadshow; Charlotte, NC
EE Master - Charlotte NC Hour 1 - 716 K2 - repack
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Charlotte, NC
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW comes to Charlotte, North Carolina, and host Dan Elias opens the show with a look back at "The Queen City" as it progressed from American Indian trading village to major player in textile manufacturing to one of the nation's great financial centers. At the Charlotte Convention Center, experts progress through the crowd, turning up a number of noteworthy items, including a prized collection of original comic strip artwork from the 1930s through the 1960s, a valuable color lithograph designed and signed by Marc Chagall, and a solid gold-and-jewel-handled sword presented by the President of the United States to Major General William O. Butler after the Mexican War of 1846-1848 — valued at $200,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Charlotte, NC,” 07/05/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 26, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C488FC0547E4AB6BEC098F830BA426D.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Charlotte, NC.” 07/05/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 26, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C488FC0547E4AB6BEC098F830BA426D>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Charlotte, NC. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C488FC0547E4AB6BEC098F830BA426D