Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pan Roasting
Simply Ming Jody Adams & Oven Roasting
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Pan Roasting
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
911: JODY ADAMS & PAN ROASTING
Pan roasting is a technique used all the time in restaurants—you start searing something on the stove, and finish it off in the oven. On this episode of SIMPLY MING, Ming shows you a favorite technique that all home chefs should add to their repertoire. It's easy, saves time in the kitchen, and guarantees great flavor. Joining Ming is Boston's own, Jody Adams. Together they cook on the fly whipping up Pan-Roasted Chicken with Orzo Sausage Risotto & Chinese Mushrooms and Pan Roasted Halibut with Eggplant Caponata.
Recipes: Pan-Roasted Chicken on Orzo-Chinese Sausage Risotto Pan-Seared Sirloin Steak with Red Onions Jody Adams' Pan-Roasted Halibut with Eggplant Caponata
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pan Roasting,” 10/27/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C45D975BF6E4160B99C0E8E7F509415.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pan Roasting.” 10/27/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C45D975BF6E4160B99C0E8E7F509415>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pan Roasting. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C45D975BF6E4160B99C0E8E7F509415