Arthur; Arthur the Wrecker; Arthur vs The Piano
EE Master for Home Video: Stereo 1 & 2, M & E 3 & 4.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur the Wrecker; Arthur vs The Piano
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
114: Arthur the Wrecker: Arthur always seems to wreck things, and this time it's Mom's computer--not a great position to be in when your mom is an accountant and it's the middle of tax season. Can he get it fixed before Mom finds out? Arthur the Wrecker is also a book, called "Arthur's Computer Trouble"--check it out! The basis of an Arthur picture book.
208: Arthur vs. the Piano: "Local Boy Wrecks Concert!" "Bad, Bad Musician!" These are the headlines Arthur can all-too-easily imagine, after he gets stage fright during a rehearsal. Now he's terrified of playing to another audience. Will he be able to get through his recital without any mistakes? Or should he just move far, far away?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur the Wrecker; Arthur vs The Piano,” 09/10/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C44AD21592C4221AC5393689EB17526.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur the Wrecker; Arthur vs The Piano.” 09/10/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C44AD21592C4221AC5393689EB17526>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur the Wrecker; Arthur vs The Piano. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6C44AD21592C4221AC5393689EB17526