Rebels and Redcoats: How Britain Lost America; World Turned Upside Down, The
Episode 4 ; 49:55
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rebels and Redcoats: How Britain Lost America
- World Turned Upside Down, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast in June 2004. With vivid dramatizations of battles, eyewitness accounts, original documents and paintings, REBELS AND REDCOATS tells the untold story of the American Revolution. Renowned British military historian Richard Holmes presents the four-part series, focusing on the military struggle — the soldiers, leaders, tactics and strategy of this grand conflict. Told from an unusual point of view — that of the British losers — the series at the same time explores painful conflicts within the American populace, taking viewers inside the vicious battles of brothers, friends and families forced to choose sides between loyalist and rebels. Series release date: 6/2004
- Program Description
Around the world and through the ages there have been people and traditions that take our everyday, hum-drum reality... and turn it on its head! From the British surrender at Yorktown to Brazilian Carnival celebrations, from Victorian nonsense poetry to the Hindu Festival of Colors, people have been turning the World Upside Down for millennia, and learning something about ourselves and how we see reality. Ellen Kushner explores how we flip reality through music and story.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- War and Conflict
- Chicago: “Rebels and Redcoats: How Britain Lost America; World Turned Upside Down, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6B9FFC0DD5B9452C9B2FC9767237CF75.
- MLA: “Rebels and Redcoats: How Britain Lost America; World Turned Upside Down, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6B9FFC0DD5B9452C9B2FC9767237CF75>.
- APA: Rebels and Redcoats: How Britain Lost America; World Turned Upside Down, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6B9FFC0DD5B9452C9B2FC9767237CF75