Martha Speaks; Eyes on the Skies; Camp Truman
WGBH Broadcast Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Eyes on the Skies; Camp Truman
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Eyes on the Skies Joe Fallon Neil DeGrasse Tyson, an astrophysicist (and Truman’s #1 hero) is holding a weeklong seminar on the Universe at the library. When Truman and T.D. partner up on the weeks activities, Truman is afraid that T.D. won’t take it seriously and will embarrass him in front of his hero. Does T.D. have what it takes to become a great scientist?
Vocabulary (E) seminar, telescope, identify/unidentified, curious, presentation, astrophysicist
Camp Truman Ron Holsey Milo is so exited to go to Camp Winnetka this summer – he’s been packing since Christmas! But when Truman discovers that Camp Winnetka is closing, he’s afraid to tell Milo because he doesn’t want to crush his dreams. Truman has an idea – what if he creates a mini-camp that is so miserable and grueling that Milo won’t want to go to real camp?
Vocabulary (E) activit(y)(ies), hik(e)(ing), forag(e)(ing), nature, grueling
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Eyes on the Skies; Camp Truman,” 06/15/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6B37FD7EE26B4BC79D1AA4CA7B7F5DB3.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Eyes on the Skies; Camp Truman.” 06/15/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6B37FD7EE26B4BC79D1AA4CA7B7F5DB3>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Eyes on the Skies; Camp Truman. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6B37FD7EE26B4BC79D1AA4CA7B7F5DB3