Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; North Carolina: BBQ and Beyond
North Carolina: BBQ and Beyond 16x9 Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- North Carolina: BBQ and Beyond
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
North Carolina: BBQ and Beyond EPISODE 25
Travel with us to the Tar Heel State where the old-style tradition of barbecue comes alive with legendary pitmaster Ed Mitchell. Next, we?ll visit an eco-friendly trout farm in the Appalachian Mountains and experience the unique combination of Asian and barbecue cuisine. Back in the Gourmet kitchen, we?re sharing a recipe that no one can resist: okra fritters.
RECIPES Pork Terrine with Pickled Turnips Pickled Turnips Chicken Soup and Matzo Balls "Penny Style" Temple Israel Brisket Mock Ridgewood Barbecue Sauce Pecan Kugel Heirloom Tomato Salad with Shiso and Shallots Shallot Dressing
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; North Carolina: BBQ and Beyond,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6B1483CBD25245BCB9053764E7959786.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; North Carolina: BBQ and Beyond.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6B1483CBD25245BCB9053764E7959786>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; North Carolina: BBQ and Beyond. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6B1483CBD25245BCB9053764E7959786