Advocates; Should Your State Restore the Death Penalty?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Michael Dukakis Advocate: William Rusher Advocate: Alan Dershowitz Witnesses: Robert Shevin Attorney General, Florida Rev. Bruce Williams Professor of Philosophy, St. Johns University Shane Creamer Attorney General, Pennsylvania Dr. Louis West Professor of Psychiatry, UCLA
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
- Should Your State Restore the Death Penalty?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Program Description
Moderator: Michael Dukakis Advocate: William Rusher Advocate: Alan Dershowitz Witnesses: Robert Shevin – Attorney General, Florida Rev. Bruce Williams – Professor of Philosophy, St. John’s University Shane Creamer – Attorney General, Pennsylvania Dr. Louis West – Professor of Psychiatry, UCLA Produced by WGBH at Faneuil Hall. Bears WGBH copyright
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- West, Louis Jolyon, 1924-
- Williams, Bruce. How to be led by the spirit of God
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- Dershowitz, Alan M.
- Shevin, Robert L.
- Rusher, William A., 1923-2011
- Creamer, J. Shane, 1929-
- Faneuil Hall, Boston, Massachusetts
- Public Affairs
- Social Issues
- Williams, Bruce (Guest)
- West, Louis (Guest)
- Creamer, Shane (Guest)
- Dukakis, Michael (Moderator)
- Shevin, Robert (Guest)
- Dershowitz, Alan (Guest)
- Rusher, William (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should Your State Restore the Death Penalty?,” 01/04/1973, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6A4EE6C273564244B89283382608509C.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should Your State Restore the Death Penalty?.” 01/04/1973. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6A4EE6C273564244B89283382608509C>.
- APA: Advocates; Should Your State Restore the Death Penalty?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6A4EE6C273564244B89283382608509C