Arthur; Bleep; Fernfern And The Secret Of Moose Mountain
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Bleep; Fernfern And The Secret Of Moose Mountain
- Program Number
802; 810; 108A; 108B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
810: Bleep: D.W. overhears a mysterious word and immediately embarks on a quest to discover its meaning. This word must be very powerful -- after all, a boy said it and his mom nearly fainted! Can D.W. risk the consequences of blurting out <"BLEEP!"> to her parents?
802: Fernfern and the Secret of Moose Mountain: Fern can't wait to climb Moose Mountain so that she can have exciting adventures like Zutzut, the famous comic-book hero! But Francine is assigned to be her hiking buddy, and the two girls fight all the way up the trail. Will Fern and Francine be able to work together and weather some unexpected challenges?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Bleep; Fernfern And The Secret Of Moose Mountain,” 08/25/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69EF3D43DFE442BE92643E2F736C01A1.
- MLA: “Arthur; Bleep; Fernfern And The Secret Of Moose Mountain.” 08/25/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69EF3D43DFE442BE92643E2F736C01A1>.
- APA: Arthur; Bleep; Fernfern And The Secret Of Moose Mountain. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69EF3D43DFE442BE92643E2F736C01A1