Arthur; Arthur’s TV Free Week; Night Fright
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s TV Free Week; Night Fright
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur’s TV-Free Week Peter Hirsch It’s trouble, right here in Elwood City. The kids--and their parents--have all pledged not to watch TV for one whole week. That’s 7 days, 168 hours, and a whole bunch of minutes. (10,680 to be exact, as Buster is horrified to discover.) Can they last? Who will be the first to break?
Interstitial Kids illustrate and demonstrate all kinds of fun things they do when they’re not watching TV.
Night Fright Joe Fallon Big, brave Binky Barnes. He’d be toast if people ever discovered he can’t sleep without a night light. It’s his deepest, darkest secret. When Arthur spends the night, and discovers the truth, Binky has no choice but to try....bribery.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s TV Free Week; Night Fright,” 09/29/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69E4B63DBD0146D6BF0FD4C49B423694.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s TV Free Week; Night Fright.” 09/29/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69E4B63DBD0146D6BF0FD4C49B423694>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s TV Free Week; Night Fright. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69E4B63DBD0146D6BF0FD4C49B423694