Lidia Celebrates America; Weddings: Something Borrowed, Something New
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Lidia Celebrates America
- Weddings: Something Borrowed, Something New
- Program Number
- Series Description
This series is a multi-cultural experience celebrating the diversity in America. Celebrity chef and restaurateur Lidia Bastianich takes a culinary journey that will seat us at the table of families all across rural and urban America. From east to west, north to south, experience along with Lidia the diverse melting pot that is America. This series is a deeply personal journey that allows Lidia to share her culinary traditions, heritage and history with others who also have great stories to tell.
Specials—scheduled for broadcast in 2012—viewers will join Lidia for a variety of tasty ethnic celebrations, including weddings, rites of passage, and celebrations of independence. Series release date: 12/20/2011
- Program Description
This episode features four very different weddings: an African-American wedding in New Orleans complete with marching brass band and traditional regional cuisine; an Asian Indian-American wedding featuring Mario Cantone (who played a wedding planner in TVs "Sex and the City") and Indian actress and food writer Madhur Jaffrey who teaches Lidia about the classic Indian wedding dishes; a Korean-American wedding with celebrity fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi, who creates a special outfit for Lidia to wear to this wedding, with added commentary and perspective on Korean culture from "Survivor" winner and PBS host of "America Revealed," Yul Kwon; and a wedding between an Irish-American and an Italian-American, which is a classic mix of Irish and Italian cultures with music and food from each.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Lidia Celebrates America; Weddings: Something Borrowed, Something New,” 03/02/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69B36430F40D4F30B9FD62C786863E0A.
- MLA: “Lidia Celebrates America; Weddings: Something Borrowed, Something New.” 03/02/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69B36430F40D4F30B9FD62C786863E0A>.
- APA: Lidia Celebrates America; Weddings: Something Borrowed, Something New. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69B36430F40D4F30B9FD62C786863E0A