Martha Speaks; Martha Plays Favorites; Martha and the Doggie Lover
Martha Speaks MSPE 212 (dub) PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha Plays Favorites; Martha and the Doggie Lover
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha Plays Favorites
Truman is worried that his mom doesn't think he's special anymore. She's too busy taking care of the babies at her daycare. Martha knows just how he feels. She felt the same way when the family got that cute puppy Skits. Vocabulary
(E) include, exclude, notice, snub, replace
(I) favorite, special, touchy, cute, cuddly
Martha and the Doggie Lover
T.D.'s little cousin C.D. really likes dogs. Really, really likes dogs. C.D. loves dogs so much he squeezes them too hard. Can Martha teach C.D. how to be gentle with dogs? Vocabulary
(E) sensitive, aggressive, delicate, aggravate, out of control
(I) shy, gentle, choke, careful, tame
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha Plays Favorites; Martha and the Doggie Lover,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69921CFB6AB84386B185F76BA45C1D19.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha Plays Favorites; Martha and the Doggie Lover.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69921CFB6AB84386B185F76BA45C1D19>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha Plays Favorites; Martha and the Doggie Lover. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69921CFB6AB84386B185F76BA45C1D19