Martha Speaks; Too Many Marthas; Too Much Martha
WGBH Broadcast Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Too Many Marthas; Too Much Martha
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Too Many Marthas Raye Lankford When Martha is asked to sing at an animal rescue fundraiser, she’s thrilled! But when she shows up at the bus stop to be picked up by the rescue team, the only person she finds is a lady named Jennifer (Jennifer Garner), whose dog, also named Martha, has just mysteriously disappeared. Can this star-studded duo locate the missing pup, all while getting Martha to her performance on time?
Vocabulary (E) number, diva, solo, aria, a cappella
Too Much Martha Raye Lankford At her latest visit to the vet, Martha is confronted with a harsh reality: her weight. The family resolves to help Martha control her portions and maintain a balanced diet, but when Martha learns what this means, she’s pretty fed-up. No more late-night pizza!?
Vocabulary (E) weight, portion, restrict, nutrition, balanced diet
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Too Many Marthas; Too Much Martha,” 02/04/2013, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6974580B6CCB4648833D32279D27612E.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Too Many Marthas; Too Much Martha.” 02/04/2013. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6974580B6CCB4648833D32279D27612E>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Too Many Marthas; Too Much Martha. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6974580B6CCB4648833D32279D27612E