Arthur; D.W. on Ice; Spoiled Rotten
DTO (download-to-own) Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- D.W. on Ice; Spoiled Rotten
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 See Individual Titles for Additional Assets
D.W. On Ice, 141A D.W. tells her friends that she's a fantastic skater. The truth is, she can barely stand on ice! And with Emily's skating party coming up, how will D.W. face everyone and tell them the truth?
Spoiled Rotten, 140A Accused of being spoiled by her friends, Muffy sets about to prove them wrong by being the most charitable person around. But Francine is unimpressed by Muffy's token efforts - that is, until a used clothing store helps Muffy discover her true talents, and the true meaning of charity.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W. on Ice; Spoiled Rotten,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69649CF9C5904CB289B11E7D87EB131D.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W. on Ice; Spoiled Rotten.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69649CF9C5904CB289B11E7D87EB131D>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W. on Ice; Spoiled Rotten. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69649CF9C5904CB289B11E7D87EB131D