Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Garlic
Simply Ming Dante deMagistris & Garlic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Garlic
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
926: DANTE DEMAGISTRIS & GARLIC
Everyone loves garlic, but if you don’t handle it properly, it can take you to the culinary dark side—whether undercooked or overcooked. On this episode of SIMPLY MING, Ming zeros in on prepping garlic the right way. Joined by Boston chef Dante De Magistris, Ming uses garlic and some mystery ingredients to create two new dishes on the spot, Beef and Broccolini Stir Fry with Mango Purée and Basil Ricotta Gnocchi with Shrimp and Asparagus.
Recipes Dante DeMagistris' Basil Ricotta Gnocchi with Shrimp and Asparagus Beef and Broccolini Stir Fry with Mango Purée
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Garlic,” 01/23/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_694AA3358FA14527A0ABA8966FD8D0A6.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Garlic.” 01/23/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_694AA3358FA14527A0ABA8966FD8D0A6>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Garlic. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_694AA3358FA14527A0ABA8966FD8D0A6