Evening at Pops; John Williams Show
Christopher Parkening , Josh Groban , Lara Fabian
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- John Williams Show
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Laureate conductor John Williams returns to EVENING AT POPS to showcase his Academy Award® nominated scores from Harry Potter and AI: Artificial Intelligence as well as “Call of the Champions” from this year’s Winter Olympic Games. Also straight from Salt Lake, Olympic performer/pop vocalist Josh Groban and singer/songwriter Lara Fabian team up to perform the title track from AI “For Always.” Celebrated classical guitarist Christopher Parkening rounds out the evening with “The Days Between” from Williams’ score to Stepmom. Tune in for a fabulous evening of entertainment with the most celebrated film composer of our time.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; John Williams Show,” 06/15/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 24, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6931CCCCFD1442E7BBF2F1849B1F198B.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; John Williams Show.” 06/15/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 24, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6931CCCCFD1442E7BBF2F1849B1F198B>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; John Williams Show. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6931CCCCFD1442E7BBF2F1849B1F198B