Ten O'Clock News; Edward Markey
Ed Markey walking down the streets in Medford. He walks into campaign office. Interiors of the campaign office. Markey talks and jokes with campaign workers, while shooting environmental. Janet Wu interviews Congressman Markey about incumbency campaigns and the changes in the way the Congressional system works. Markey discusses the views of his district while they shoot cutaways. Markey exits campaign office and walks down the sidewalk and crosses the street. He stops to shake hands and talk to constituents.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Democratic Party (U.S.)
- United States. Congress. House
- Political campaigns
- Markey, Edward J.
- Legislators -- United States
- Medford (Mass.)
- News Report
- Markey, Edward J. (Interviewee)
- Wu, Janet (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Edward Markey,” 09/02/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_692DF583C15546A5AF7CD5DA4C9AEE3B.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Edward Markey.” 09/02/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_692DF583C15546A5AF7CD5DA4C9AEE3B>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Edward Markey. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_692DF583C15546A5AF7CD5DA4C9AEE3B