From the Top at Carnegie Hall; Princess And The Cowboy, The
From the Top At Carnegie Hall Episode 102
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- From the Top at Carnegie Hall
- Princess And The Cowboy, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast in 2007
WGBH, From the Top, and Don Mischer Productions Team Up to Make Young Talent Seen as Well as Heard in From the Top: Live from Carnegie Hall. WGBH Boston in collaboration with National Public Radio’s From the Top and Carnegie Hall brings the popular music variety program to PBS member stations. Like the radio series, the television series will showcase the top-notch musicianship, offbeat humor, and original insights of America’s best young classical musicians.
This engaging series of 13 half-hour programs celebrates young classical musicians whose passion and talent for music is exceptional. A co-production of WGBH and From the Top, the series’ mission is to encourage, support and celebrate the commitment of young people to music and the arts. The series is filmed at Carnegie Hall, where the young musicians and guest artists will perform together before a live audience and television cameras.
Just like on radio, the television show will be hosted by Christopher O’Riley and feature outstanding musical performances as well as interviews with talented young musicians, along with games, special guests and more! Series release date: 2007
- Program Description
FROM THE TOP: LIVE FROM CARNEGIE HALL welcomes two dazzling young artists to the show: 13-year-old cellist Tessa Seymour from Berkeley, California, and 18-year-old violinist and "Asian Cowboy" Charles Yang from Austin, Texas. Tessa and Charles join host Christopher O'Riley for riveting performances of Debussy, Monti and Dvorak; and cellist Yo-Yo Ma reveals the "Top Ten Reasons Why Cello Is the Coolest."
Featured Music Tessa Seymour, cello, and Christopher O'Riley, piano Cello Sonata No.1 in D minor, L.135, I. Prologue, by Claude Debussy (1862-1918)
Charles Yang, violin, and Christopher O'Riley, piano "Csárdás," by Vittorio Monti (1868-1922)
Piano Trio with Tessa Seymour, Charles Yang, and Christopher O'Riley Piano Trio No. 4 in E minor, Op.90, "Dumky", I. Lento Maestoso - Allegro Vivace, by Antonin Dvorák (1841-1904)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “From the Top at Carnegie Hall; Princess And The Cowboy, The,” 04/14/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69186948578241B6A75D1AEAC8B27043.
- MLA: “From the Top at Carnegie Hall; Princess And The Cowboy, The.” 04/14/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69186948578241B6A75D1AEAC8B27043>.
- APA: From the Top at Carnegie Hall; Princess And The Cowboy, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69186948578241B6A75D1AEAC8B27043