Advocates; Should we legalize marijuana?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Michael Dukakis Advocate: Avi Nelson Advocate: William Rusher Witnesses: Peter Meyers Chief Counsel, NORML Dr. Lester Grinspoon Professor, Harvard Medical School Dr. Robert DuPont Founding Director, National Institute on Drug Abuse James Buckley Former US Senator
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
- Should we legalize marijuana?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Program Description
Moderator: Michael Dukakis Advocate: Avi Nelson Advocate: William Rusher Witnesses: Peter Meyers – Chief Counsel, NORML Dr. Lester Grinspoon – Professor, Harvard Medical School Dr. Robert DuPont – Founding Director, National Institute on Drug Abuse James Buckley – Former US Senator Co-produced with the Institute of Politics at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. Bears WGBH copyright.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Grinspoon, Lester, 1928-
- Buckley, James Lane, 1923-
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- DuPont, Robert L., 1936-
- Rusher, William A., 1923-2011
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Social Issues
- Public Affairs
- Grinspoon, Lester (Guest)
- Meyers, Peter (Guest)
- Rusher, William (Guest)
- Dukakis, Michael (Moderator)
- Nelson, Avi (Guest)
- Buckley, James (Guest)
- Dupont, Robert (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should we legalize marijuana?,” 09/09/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6912E5D0C7CB41EE8E7260C267DCCF03.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should we legalize marijuana?.” 09/09/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6912E5D0C7CB41EE8E7260C267DCCF03>.
- APA: Advocates; Should we legalize marijuana?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6912E5D0C7CB41EE8E7260C267DCCF03