Arthur; Lost!; Short, Quick Summer, The
EE Master VTR 61 DFTC GSJ
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Lost!; Short, Quick Summer, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Lost: For an eight-year-old, Arthur is usually pretty cool. Except for D.W., there's not too much that upsets him. But one day, Arthur falls asleep on a bus and awakens in a strange--and scary--part of town. Will he ever find his way home? Can he keep himself from crying? And will D.W. ever forgive Arthur for scaring her like that? The basis of an Arthur picture book.
The Short, Quick Summer: Summer vacation is over? It just started! What about all those great, fun things Arthur intended to do--like have adventures and explore the unfathomable mysteries of space? As Arthur learns, you don't have to go far from home to have a great summer.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Lost!; Short, Quick Summer, The,” 09/27/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 16, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_690CF843F3804E94BC492EBB44797342.
- MLA: “Arthur; Lost!; Short, Quick Summer, The.” 09/27/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 16, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_690CF843F3804E94BC492EBB44797342>.
- APA: Arthur; Lost!; Short, Quick Summer, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_690CF843F3804E94BC492EBB44797342