Arthur; Vomitrocious; Sue Ellen Chicken’s Out
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Vomitrocious; Sue Ellen Chicken’s Out
- Program Number
805; 111A, 111B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Sue Ellen Chickens Out: Sue Ellen learns that a fast-food chain is taking over the beloved Sugar Bowl, so she rallies the gang to stage a protest. But when the kids confess that they actually like the food at Chickin Lickin, Sue Ellen worries -- will she have to fight the mighty empire of Beaurigaard Poulet all by herself?
Vomitrocious!: It's just a regular day until Francine starts to feel queasy ... and then throws up in the cafeteria! Now Francine is afraid to go back to school. Won't the kids all laugh and call her -- ugh! -- "Barfine"?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Vomitrocious; Sue Ellen Chicken’s Out,” 08/28/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_68FEDBC2A7E042B0A99BD0A07E4E6B07.
- MLA: “Arthur; Vomitrocious; Sue Ellen Chicken’s Out.” 08/28/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_68FEDBC2A7E042B0A99BD0A07E4E6B07>.
- APA: Arthur; Vomitrocious; Sue Ellen Chicken’s Out. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_68FEDBC2A7E042B0A99BD0A07E4E6B07