Peep And The Big Wide World; Spring Thing; Springy Thingy
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Spring Thing; Springy Thingy
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 204 SPRING THING IT’S WINTER, IT’S BLAH, AND EVERYTHING LOOKS DEAD. CAN PEEP, QUACK, AND CHIRP SURVIVE UNTIL SPRING?
INTERSTITIAL: WHEN DO PLANTS START GROWING? THE KIDS FIND BUDS, SPROUTS AND LITTLE FLOWERS STARTING TO GROW ON THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING. "TRY LOOKING CLOSELY FOR THINGS THAT ARE GROWING."
SPRINGY THINGY PEEP DISCOVERS HIS INNER BOUNCE WHEN HE ENCOUNTERS A FROG, A MATTRESS, AND A JACK-IN-THE-BOX.
INTERSTITIAL: WHAT CAN YOU MAKE OUT OF JUNK? THE KIDS RECYCLE TRASH TO CREATE CONTRAPTIONS, GUITARS AND BOATS. "TRY MAKING THINGS OUT OF STUFF THAT'S BEEN THROWN AWAY"
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Spring Thing; Springy Thingy,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 15, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_68E0195B9A8A4B0596653091088C917F.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Spring Thing; Springy Thingy.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 15, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_68E0195B9A8A4B0596653091088C917F>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Spring Thing; Springy Thingy. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_68E0195B9A8A4B0596653091088C917F