Food Trip with Todd English; Phoenix: Roots Of The Southwest
Food Trip: The Great Southwest. SD Base Revision 001
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Phoenix: Roots Of The Southwest
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 GRAB YOUR COWBOY HAT AND TRAVEL WITH TODD ENGLISH TO THE SOUTHWEST AS HE SADDLES UP FOR A CHUCK WAGON DINNER COMPLETE WITH GREEN CHILE BEEF, AND PAN DE CAMPO PREPARED IN AUTHENTIC, OLD SOUTHWEST STYLE. DIGGING DEEPER INTO THE ROOTS OF SOUTHWEST CUISINE, TODD JOINS CHEF JANOS WILDER ON A CACTUS HUNT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS ANCIENT FOOD SOURCE AND HOW IT IS USED TODAY. AND BEFORE THE SUN SETS TODD VISITS WITH GILA RIVER INDIAN COMMUNITY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENTS TO LEARN HOW THEY GROW FRESH PRODUCE FOR THE NATIVE AMERICAN-INSPIRED MENU AT KAI RESTAURANT. BACK AT OLIVES, CHEF CREATES DESERT-INSPIRED PORK TENDERLOIN “BIRDS” WITH A SAGUARO SYRUP GLAZE, PUMPKIN STEW WITH BEANS, AND CORNMEAL PAN DE CAMPO.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Phoenix: Roots Of The Southwest,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 11, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_68B5D87B93124577BB36073CE416E171.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Phoenix: Roots Of The Southwest.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 11, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_68B5D87B93124577BB36073CE416E171>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Phoenix: Roots Of The Southwest. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_68B5D87B93124577BB36073CE416E171