Martha Speaks; Martha in Charge; Truman and the Deep Blue Sea
MSPE 113 (HD) 3472
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha in Charge; Truman and the Deep Blue Sea
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha in Charge Helen comes down with laryngitis, and she's sent to bed to recuperate. Martha decides to use her powers of speech to take care of the patient and find a cure. So why are a police car, fire engine, pizza delivery van, and chimney sweep truck all blocking the road in front of Helen's house?
Vocabulary: (E) remedy, recover, recuperate, cure, medicine
(I) hoarse, rest, well, sick
Truman and the Deep Blue Sea Truman can't believe his luck when Alice invites the gang to go whale watching . . . . until he realizes that he has to actually get on a boat. Which means he'll get seasick. But Truman's desire to see Balaenoptera musculus drives him to overcome his fear, with a little help from someone who knows the true meaning of perseverance!
Vocabulary: (E) dread, nauseous, overcome, persevere, seasick
(I) ill, quit, queasy, sick, shaky
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha in Charge; Truman and the Deep Blue Sea,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_689D444F8A53449CB297493E8E6741BF.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha in Charge; Truman and the Deep Blue Sea.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_689D444F8A53449CB297493E8E6741BF>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha in Charge; Truman and the Deep Blue Sea. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_689D444F8A53449CB297493E8E6741BF