Mystery!; Rumpole of the Bailey, Series I: Rumpole and the Married Lady
CLOSED CAPTIONED OFF LINE
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rumpole of the Bailey, Series I: Rumpole and the Married Lady
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Trials, tribulations and adventures of the feisty barrister Horace Rumpole. Much to annoyance of wife Hilda, Rumpole has not been very busy of late. When he gets a phone call requesting his attendance at a conference for a divorce he is very pleased. Rumpole feels very sorry for his client, Mrs. Thripp, when he discovers that her husband has communicated only by means of typewritten notes for the last three years. While defending this divorce case, Rumpole is in danger of his own marriage breaking up when his wife suspects his involvement with his client while his most fearsome opponent turns out to be Norman, child of the divorcing pair.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Rumpole of the Bailey, Series I: Rumpole and the Married Lady,” 06/09/1981, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 25, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_688EE64E48D4456DAC72855F46A57E51.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Rumpole of the Bailey, Series I: Rumpole and the Married Lady.” 06/09/1981. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 25, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_688EE64E48D4456DAC72855F46A57E51>.
- APA: Mystery!; Rumpole of the Bailey, Series I: Rumpole and the Married Lady. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_688EE64E48D4456DAC72855F46A57E51