Arthur; Arthur Unravels; All the Rage
WGBH Master Arthur Unravels, 171A All the Rage, 171B
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur Unravels; All the Rage
- Program Number
1408; 171A; 171B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur Unravels, 171A Knit, one, pearl two, knit one, pearl two. Grandma Thora teaches Arthur to knit and he’s really into this new hobby. But…he’s a kid! And a boy! Knitting is a grandma thing…right? How long can Arthur keep his new hobby a secret before the yarn spills out of the bag?
Educational Objective: Arthur learns that knitting is fun and creative. He also learns that stereotypes about who does certain hobbies aren’t true and that he should follow his own creative talents.
All the Rage, 171B Muffy wants to rock the fashion world like her fashion mentor Capri DeVapida! But creating a fad is a lot harder than it looks, especially when all her hot new trends turn out to be lukewarm flops. Can Muffy learn that it’s just better to be yourself?
Educational Objective: Muffy learns that it’s better to be yourself than to copy others for the sake of fitting in.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Unravels; All the Rage,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 11, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_67FBE73E4B634593864B4E8CC55E8D4B.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Unravels; All the Rage.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 11, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_67FBE73E4B634593864B4E8CC55E8D4B>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Unravels; All the Rage. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_67FBE73E4B634593864B4E8CC55E8D4B