Mystery!; Mrs. Bradley Mysteries, Series I: A Speedy Death
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Mrs. Bradley Mysteries, Series I: A Speedy Death
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Mrs. Bradley and her trusty chauffeur-sidekick, George Moody (Neil Dudgeon), arrive at the splendid country estate of the Bing family to celebrate the engagement of her goddaughter, Eleanor (Emma Fielding), to explorer Everard Mountjoy (William Oxborrow). Also on hand for the festivities are patriarch-widower Alistair Bing (John Alderton), who still carries a torch for Adela from their university days; his son, Garde (Tristan Gemmill); and Garde's current romantic dalliance, Dorothy Manners (Eleanor Tremain). Adding tension to the mix is the unexpected arrival of Bertie Philipson (Tom Butcher), with whom the now wheelchair-bound Eleanor was once desperately in love and who was driving the car the night of the accident that crippled her. Eleanor's engagement is suddenly and tragically ended, however, when Mountjoy is found dead in the bath, apparently drowned. With Georges help, Mrs. B. uncovers a trail of blackmail, secret liaisons and identities, murder -- and Chayning Court's unlikely and surprisingly unrepentant killer.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Mrs. Bradley Mysteries, Series I: A Speedy Death,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_67E4C1FF7128451D9C8E34442C52C237.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Mrs. Bradley Mysteries, Series I: A Speedy Death.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_67E4C1FF7128451D9C8E34442C52C237>.
- APA: Mystery!; Mrs. Bradley Mysteries, Series I: A Speedy Death. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_67E4C1FF7128451D9C8E34442C52C237