Arthur; Arthur and The Real Mr. Ratburn; Arthur’s Spelling Trubble
Arthur Home Video Master - “Arthur and The Real Mr. Ratburn” , “Arthur’s Spelling Trubble” - Full Mix Ch 1&2, M &E mix Ch 3&4, not captioned.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur and The Real Mr. Ratburn; Arthur’s Spelling Trubble
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur and the Real Mr. Ratburn: It's the first day of third grade and Arthur's biggest fear has come true--his new teacher is the dreaded Mr. Ratburn. A man who eats nails for breakfast, who turns into a vampire at night, who assigns homework EVERY DAY! But there's a surprise in store when Arthur and Buster get the chance to uncover the REAL Mr. Ratburn. (Based on Marc Brown's "Arthur's Teacher Trouble.")
Arthur's Spelling Trubble: It's that time again, the annual all-school spellathon. Arthur is chosen to compete, and after a hard week of studying he finds himself on stage, facing Prunella and The Brain! Will all of his hard work pay off? Or will Prunella continue her winning streak? (Based on Marc Brown's "Arthur's Teacher Trouble.")
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur and The Real Mr. Ratburn; Arthur’s Spelling Trubble,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_67BC0CE7B34A4E32A4FEEBE776816A57.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur and The Real Mr. Ratburn; Arthur’s Spelling Trubble.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_67BC0CE7B34A4E32A4FEEBE776816A57>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur and The Real Mr. Ratburn; Arthur’s Spelling Trubble. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_67BC0CE7B34A4E32A4FEEBE776816A57