Arthur; Muffy’s Soccer Shocker; Brother Can You Spare a Clarinet
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Muffy’s Soccer Shocker; Brother Can You Spare a Clarinet
- Program Number
604; 89A; 90A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Muffy's Soccer Shocker: Muffy's proud that her dad is the new soccer coach ... until he exhausts the team with demanding drills like the piston, the muffler, and the -- gulp! -- shock absorber. Even if Muffy survives playing goalie in the big game against Mighty Mountain, will the team survive her dad?
Brother, Can You Spare a Clarinet?: The try-outs for the Young Person's Orchestra are coming to Lakewood Elementary and everyone agrees that Binky is a shoe-in, since he's the best musician in school. So why is Binky suddenly refusing to play in band practice? Has Binky turned against his clarinet ... or against music itself?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Muffy’s Soccer Shocker; Brother Can You Spare a Clarinet,” 08/31/2001, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 28, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_674F5A5EDE724C65A0F9368FBF933230.
- MLA: “Arthur; Muffy’s Soccer Shocker; Brother Can You Spare a Clarinet.” 08/31/2001. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 28, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_674F5A5EDE724C65A0F9368FBF933230>.
- APA: Arthur; Muffy’s Soccer Shocker; Brother Can You Spare a Clarinet. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_674F5A5EDE724C65A0F9368FBF933230