Antiques Roadshow; Secaucus, NJ
Antiques Roadshow # 201 T Seacacucus , NJ Hour 1 of 2 Packaged for Rebroadcast Only
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Antiques Roadshow
- Secaucus, NJ
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
201: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW kicks off its second season in Secaucus,New Jersey, where experts from the nation's top auction houses expect to see scientific instruments, fine furniture, pottery and folk art. Host Chris Jussel describes the rich history of Northern New Jersey, including the story of Paterson, the nation's first planned industrial community. At the Meadowlands Exposition Center, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisers are thrilled by the discovery of a rare 18th-century card table and an electric pen invented by Thomas Edison.
202: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW continues its sojourn in Secaucus, New Jersey, where experts are on the lookout for decorative arts,paintings, manuscripts and household items. Chris Jussel takes viewers on a tour of Thomas Edison's laboratory complex in West Orange, New Jersey, where Edison and a staff of 200 turned his inventions into practical items people could use. At the Meadowlands Exposition Center, collectors from the greater New York/Northern New Jersey metropolitan area arrive with some remarkable objects, including a dazzling collection of iridescentTiffany vases and some rare 18th-century subscription books.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Secaucus, NJ,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_668266A41E9C4B6389D13AFD94A29AC8.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Secaucus, NJ.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_668266A41E9C4B6389D13AFD94A29AC8>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Secaucus, NJ. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_668266A41E9C4B6389D13AFD94A29AC8