Evening at Pops; Rich Little
DOLBY A STEREO
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Rich Little
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
A stage full of familiar personalities is rolled into one in the person of impressionist Rich Little who offers "Jimmy Stewart" as the narrator, "Johnny Carson" as Peter, "Carol Channing" as the Duck, "Richard Nixon" as the Wolf and "Ronald Reagan" as Grandfather in Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf. Also included is the world premiere of Ragomania by William Bolcom.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Rich Little,” 06/06/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_65C6FD5E75154872B8A949ED55793FFA.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Rich Little.” 06/06/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_65C6FD5E75154872B8A949ED55793FFA>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Rich Little. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_65C6FD5E75154872B8A949ED55793FFA