Peep And The Big Wide World; Sounds of Silence, The Part 1 and 2
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Sounds of Silence, The Part 1 and 2
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 3 EPISODE 40 40A THE SOUNDS OF SILENCE, PART 1 WRITTEN BY: KATHY WAUGH QUACK IS IN A BIT OF A PICKLE; HE’S DECIDED NOT TO TALK UNTIL CHIRP BEGS HIM TO. (THAT COULD TAKE A LONGGGGGGGGG TIME!) SCIENCE: SOUND INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS MAKE PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS AND NOTICE THAT DIFFERENT SIZED OBJECTS MAKE DIFFERENT SOUNDS. “TRY MAKING YOUR OWN DRUMS AND OTHER THINGS TO MAKE SOUNDS.”
40B THE SOUNDS OF SILENCE, PART 2 WRITTEN BY: KATHY WAUGH NOW IT’S CHIRP WHO’S IN A PICKLE. SHE’S STRANDED IN A PUDDLE AND ONLY QUACK CAN SAVE HER. SCIENCE: WATER INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS USE A GARDEN HOSE TO MAKE A STREAM, THEN BUILD DAMS AND CHANNELS TO CONTROL ITS FLOW. “SEE IF YOU CAN CONTROL THE FLOW OF WATER!”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Sounds of Silence, The Part 1 and 2,” 03/09/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 6, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_658DA281AA774729B5425B504501A06A.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Sounds of Silence, The Part 1 and 2.” 03/09/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 6, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_658DA281AA774729B5425B504501A06A>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Sounds of Silence, The Part 1 and 2. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_658DA281AA774729B5425B504501A06A