Mystery!; Return of Sherlock Holmes, Series I: The Man with a Twisted Lip
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Return of Sherlock Holmes, Series I: The Man with a Twisted Lip
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
City businessman Neville St. Clair has disappeared under mysterious circumstances after his wife caught sight of him at the upstairs window of an opium den. When she rushed to search the room, St Clair had vanished and a beggar with a twisted lip was found cowering in the room. In spite of appearances, Holmes reasons that perhaps the beggar is not a murderer.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Return of Sherlock Holmes, Series I: The Man with a Twisted Lip,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 19, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6584388A8D2C4F7B9390C7052B3DE81E.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Return of Sherlock Holmes, Series I: The Man with a Twisted Lip.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 19, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6584388A8D2C4F7B9390C7052B3DE81E>.
- APA: Mystery!; Return of Sherlock Holmes, Series I: The Man with a Twisted Lip. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6584388A8D2C4F7B9390C7052B3DE81E