Simply Ming; Cranberry-Mango Vinaigrette
with Sara Moulton Uncaptioned Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cranberry-Mango Vinaigrette
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Broadcast 2006-2007 GUEST CHEF: SARA MOULTON SOME OF MING'S FAVORITE RECIPES ARE ONES THAT COMBINE DELICIOUS INGREDIENTS THAT AREN'T NORMALLY IMAGINED TOGETHER. THIS TIME, MING BORROWS A CLASSIC FALL STAPLE—CRANBERRIES—AND COMPLEMENTS THEM WITH MANGO TO MAKE A LIGHT AND TANGY VINAIGRETTE USED TO TOP HIS PANKO CRUSTED TURKEY SCALLOPINI. THEN, MING MAKES A TRIP TO BOSTON'S NORTH END, WHERE MARC ORFALY, CHEF/OWNER OF MARCO, SHOWS HIM THE TRADITIONAL TECHNIQUE OF CREATING SCALLOPINI, WHERE TENDER VEAL CUTLETS ARE POUNDED THIN, COATED WITH FLOUR AND THEN SAUTÉED. SPECIAL GUEST CHEF SARA MOULTON OF THE FOOD NETWORK'S SARA'S SECRETS JOINS MING BACK IN THE STUDIO FOR HER OWN TAKE ON HIS MASTER SAUCE, CRAFTING DELICIOUS MINI-SOUFFLÉS SERVED WITH MICRO-GREENS AND MING'S CRANBERRY-MANGO VINAIGRETTE.
Master Recipe: Cranberry-Mango Vinaigrette Guest Recipe: Spicy Cheese Soufflés with Micro Greens and Cranberry-Mango Vinaigrette
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cranberry-Mango Vinaigrette,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 16, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_65766AF188F442B098A567BB8E956995.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cranberry-Mango Vinaigrette.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 16, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_65766AF188F442B098A567BB8E956995>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cranberry-Mango Vinaigrette. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_65766AF188F442B098A567BB8E956995