Martha Speaks; Down on the Farm; Martha Runs Away
MSPE 105 (HD) Media Operations Center PBS 3371
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Down on the Farm; Martha Runs Away
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Down on the Farm Helen, Martha, and T.D. visit T.D.'s grandpa CK on his farm. When Martha tries to help with chores, things get a little out of hand. She doesn't think she's cut out to be a farm dog, until she raises the alarm, just in the nick of time.
Vocabulary: (E) chores, herd, pasture, responsibility, task, toil
(I) job, tired, rise
Martha Runs Away When Helen gets mad, Martha feels unappreciated and decides to run away. She finds the perfect job to match her abilities-as a telemarketer-and enjoys career success. But she realizes that no amount of success is a substitute for a loving family.
Vocabulary: (E) success, appreciate, opportunity, promote, employ
(I) manage, hire, work, boss
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Down on the Farm; Martha Runs Away,” 09/06/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6508060CE9A046E0A6123AFE2D3F90B5.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Down on the Farm; Martha Runs Away.” 09/06/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6508060CE9A046E0A6123AFE2D3F90B5>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Down on the Farm; Martha Runs Away. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6508060CE9A046E0A6123AFE2D3F90B5