Martha Speaks; Paws and Effect; Trouble with Teddy, The
Martha Speaks MSPE 208 (dub) PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Paws and Effect; Trouble with Teddy, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Paws and Effect
When Martha gets a piece of glass in her paw, everyone realizes that littering hurts more than the environment. But what can they do about it? As Alice, Helen, and T.D. know, protecting the environment (and paws) is important, but it is easier said than done. Vocabulary
(E) discard, litter, thoughtless, debris, recycle
(I) careless, trash, important, broke, injured
The Trouble with Teddy
Teddy, a neighborhood dog, is sick, and the vet doesn't know why. When Martha is called in to consult, even she can't diagnose the patient. Enlisting the help of the dog pack, they scour the yard for hazardous materials — when the cause of the problem could be right under their noses. Vocabulary
(E) hazardous, ingest, environment, poisonous, pesticide
(I) rotten, spoil, safe, dangerous, gross
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Paws and Effect; Trouble with Teddy, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_64C17D8757504F1BA673E143BC462831.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Paws and Effect; Trouble with Teddy, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_64C17D8757504F1BA673E143BC462831>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Paws and Effect; Trouble with Teddy, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_64C17D8757504F1BA673E143BC462831