Arthur; Popular Girls; Buster’s Growing Grudge
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Popular Girls; Buster’s Growing Grudge
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Popular Girls: Sue Ellen and Fern take a popularity quiz they found in a magazine for teenagers. They change their personalities to become more likable, but why does it seem no one likes them anymore? The basis of an Arthur chapter book.
Buster's Growing Grudge: Buster's convinced that his great joke will be the difference between a successful oral report and failure. But when Binky steals his material, will Buster stay mad forever?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Popular Girls; Buster’s Growing Grudge,” 09/01/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_649D670DF2C043EE9798CBFE8205E988.
- MLA: “Arthur; Popular Girls; Buster’s Growing Grudge.” 09/01/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_649D670DF2C043EE9798CBFE8205E988>.
- APA: Arthur; Popular Girls; Buster’s Growing Grudge. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_649D670DF2C043EE9798CBFE8205E988